Get Seeds for supporting Joe Brewer’s Bioregional Regeneration Prototype Fund

Get Seeds for supporting Joe Brewer’s Bioregional Regeneration Prototype Fund

True Earth regeneration requires bioregional intervention and stewardship. Joe Brewer, a pioneer in regenerative design, and the related Earth Regenerators Community are prototyping a funding model for community-led regeneration in Barichara Colombia. In Joe’s own words, “We are creating a fund for the regeneration of entire landscapes -- a prototype for bioregions all over the world and a gathering place for Earth Regenerators to train and practice the art and science of regenerative design. “This fund will enable us to create a network of forest reserves through a combination of acquiring land with our Colombian foundation, Sueños del Bosque, and helping local campesinos to protect and regenerate land that remains in their families. We envision 80% of the fund will be used for these land acquisitions and place-based projects. The other 20% will be used for support capacities in the form of programs and services offered to all who share the vision of creating a regenerative bioregional economy. “Our fundraising goal is $500,000. We will deploy these funds into a network of local projects that were incubated and grown by local Colombian regenerative leaders. They will enable us to enact a territorial strategy for restoring native forest, safeguarding the local water supply, and making the transition away from extractive industries in agriculture, construction, real estate, and tourism.” I propose that SEEDS subsidizes their fundraising efforts by giving 1,000 Seeds ($20) to every person who donates $20 or more to their Barichara Regeneration Fund. I’m asking for enough to reward 100 people now, and will ask for more if this amount is depleted. Everyone who donates $20 or more on the GoFundMe will receive an email with an invitation link with a gift of 1,000 Seeds, enabling us to welcome up to 100 new regenerators into SEEDS! NOTE: Given that a previous iteration of this “Donate Fiat, Get Seeds” campaign model with Forest without Frontiers yielded low adoption rates, I am proposing offering a smaller number of invites (100 vs 1,000), but will be offering personal outreach to all invitees, including hosting welcome calls in English and Spanish, and one-on-one conversations for individuals who are particularly curious about SEEDS. In addition, I am already working weekly with ~30 individuals who are supporting the Barichara regeneration fund, and I will use this campaign to offer this network of regenerators a warm introduction to SEEDS. See more about the Barichara Regeneration Fund here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/regenerative-barichara-project