Stay On the Ground

Stay On the Ground

What is this campaign for? To raise awareness about the impact of flights in total amount of global CO2 emissions To encourage members of SEEDS community to define a 12 months’ goal for eliminating/reducing the number of flights (flight-diet) To learn and share from our experiences of eliminating/reducing flights: working arrangements, local travel, family reunions etc. How does it work and what participants need to do? For participating in the campaign, members of SEEDS community, no matter the status, need to: have their intros posted in the dedicated Forum category for new members share their personal goal for eliminating/reducing the number of flights for the 12-month period of the campaign on a SEEDS Discord channel (e.g. #stayontheground) or an equivalent alternative indicated in the Campaign proposal. The goal may be no-fly or reducing the number of flights (e.g. a participant who intended to take 4 round-trip decides to take only 2 of them in order to reduce the carbon footprint will share in a few words the motivation for setting this goal in order to be an inspiration for others) If both actions are completed (intro posted and goal shared), the participant will be rewarded with 30% of the total amount allocated for each participant. The remaining 70% of the total amount will be awarded after the 12-month period if the participant confirms to have accomplished his own goal and offers feedback on the same dedicated channel about the whole experience. As a reward for reducing their carbon footprint, each participant will receive an equivalent of 50 $ in Seeds that may be used for spreading the word about SEEDS and other regenerative behaviors. The total amount of Seeds budgeted for this campaign will cover the rewards for 100 participants that promise to stay on ground or to take a flight-diet for 12 months (easy peasy lemon squeezy!) The receiving account will be gradinagruiu for the moment and the one to receive the amount will be established by SEEDS after placing the Campaign proposal in the CO-OP section. (user suggestion: stayonground) The requested budget is 500,000 Seeds [100 rewards x 5,000 (1,500+3,500) Seeds] If a participant fails to achieve his goal, he will not receive the remaining 70% of the reward. We recommend using the initial award to create and support Regenerative Organizations in SEEDS. There is no checking mechanism for the accomplishment, we trust that people who pledge for this cause will be honest and do what they say, in the spirit of SEEDS Community. At the end of the campaign, the remaining Seeds will be redirected to Regenerative Organizations Partners within SEEDS Community (e.g. Green Silk Road, Other causes, Whole systems, Food & Agriculture etc.) SEEDS benefits Getting to know members via Introductions on Forum and encouraging active participation Create a community of environmental awareness for learning and sharing between members Participants encouraged to create similar campaigns and to invite new members Seeds are used in the community for creating and supporting Regenerative Organizations The Campaign proposal is open for suggestions and ideas. Do you accept the challenge?? Let’s do it together!